Cadence Multisport Saturday Rides
Come Join Us For Some Miles
Some Hilly, Some Flat -But All of Them Fun!
- The goal for us all is to ride safe, enjoy the company of friends and develop one’s own level of cycling fitness/goals.
- Arrive ahead of time if you need to get your gear situated – rides roll on time
- Rolling out at the start of the ride is not a race – enjoy the warm up and chance to say hi to everyone.
- We ride single file. Riding 2×2 is at your discretion and your safety judgement.
- Unless you are with the secret service, please no ear buds. Even a single ear bud can prevent you from hearing another rider, vehicle or important verbal cue.
- Pass on your left and it is your responsibility to look to your left and in front of you to make sure you have enough room to pass. If you are needing to pass but there isn’t a space in front of the rider you want to pass, wait until there is a safe gap.
- Don’t ride up on the right of a rider or pass on the right.
- We stop at all red lights – including T-intersections.
- Keep the pacing smooth and this will prevent yo-yoing and riding the breaks.
- If you need to pick up the pace because you are having an awesome day – please go for it and be awesome. The rest of the group just may not join you and that’s ok – drop back when you want to rejoin.
- The pace of the rides vary depending on the dynamics of the group but generally there are riders between 14-18mph. The group will naturally split into smaller groups. We will have 1-2 regrouping points in the ride where we can all catch up again.
- These are not “no-drop” rides so we ask that you be familiar with the route. We always try to stay together as a group but it may not always be possible.
- Are there route slips? – yes but we don’t pass them out. Please print the route details from your computer or send the route to your phone. This helps us be slightly green.
- Try to point out debris and hazards in the road. If you can’t point – use a verbal cue.
- Let someone in the group know if you peel off so we know not to look for you
- Bring the following:
-spare tube, at least 1 CO2, tire lever as well as any hydration & nutrition
- Prior to riding – give your bike a quick glance if you have been riding. Any junk in the tires, brakes etc?
- We stop for flats and will help change your tire if needed.
- Cadence requires a waiver and we will have them at each ride, but you can fill it out online as well. We are here to help, but we also are not responsible for damage, injury or anything else while you ride. You are willingly participating in this sport and are aware of all of the possibilities while riding.